Search This Blog


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dealing with the In between

How times have moved on since I started this blog in 2010.

I first started this blog to assist/encourage my daughter to write (detailed in post on 27th Feb 2010).

I have just been looking over some of my previous posts and have come to realise that even though my children still have an opportunity to post their writing on here, which of course I encourage and find it to be a wonderful way for them to receive feed back and encouragement from the outside world. I have also found myself utilising it to put my ideas down, I did not expect this when I started

Unfortunately I have not been able to blog as much as I would have liked over the past twelve months, with working full time, being Mum and wife there was not much time for those things let alone time and energy left to give over to my inner thoughts and write my blog.

So late last year my husband and I decide it was time to make some changes, so primarily I could give more time to the kids. This meant I needed to leave my Management position at a training organisation and have commenced working at my husbands business. Which means I can drop the kids off at school, pick them up and be home for them to help with homework etc and even manage a play date in there resulting in much happier children.

I have not regretted this decision for one moment, I have less stress, I spend more time with my kids as stated and get to see my husband more, bonus all around.( of course not so much when said husband is having a bad day)

But (there is always a But) I am finding myself in a very interesting predicament, which I am sure I am not the only one out there,

And that is,

Who am I now ?

Yes I am a mother, a wife (got that and proud to be so)

But I felt I used to be more.

I was a mentor, a leader, I held a position where I could pass on my knowledge to help others progress and achieve, I was learning new things everyday and was challenged.

I find this situation an interesting place to be in, I have an opportunity and the time to invest in the requirements needed to help both our children, who have Dyslexia and processing issues as well as pursue my goals concerning food establishments that cater for children that have to eat a Gluten Free Diet.( that is another problem within itself) if you are know of any I would love to hear about it over @wheatenfree.blogspot.com

This situation I find myself in is all new but not surprising, especially not only to myself but to those that know me well.

I am sure with time I will find myself gaining the satisfaction required to make me feel like I am contributing in a way that I feel satisfied.I also recognise I need a challenge in life and I realise that I am on my way to meet that challenge but how do I deal with the time in between?




No comments:

Post a Comment