Search This Blog


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Life on the hill

I love living in the hills, which I suppose is a good thing, but of late I have been thinking about it more and more.

I am not sure what it is, but I find myself more and more not wanting to go down the mountain.

Now for people like my Uncle who finds the saying "down the mountain" quite funny, I am positive or at least hoping that there are others that feel the same.

I love living in this community of ours, I love the environment in which we get to share the beauty of the trees, the vegetation and the little townships nestled amongst them.


The reason I hate heading down the mountain I believe, is that it does not contain these wonder full things.
It is a feeling of dread to head out of my little haven and face that big bad world of suburbia.
I hate that it is busier, more crowded and the feeling of  being trapped by all that is around you, its stifling.
I find as I drive up the mountain I feel myself relax, breath more deeply and can take in the magnificent views that the hills have to offer.

I know for sure that this is where I am meant to be, nestled amongst the natural giants, where you can hide if you feel the need or can be amongst them all and feel a sense of peace.

It is where I like to call home.

TFL
Tania

2 comments:

  1. Having only lived 'up the mountain' for a year, I am amazed at how quickly I now find heading 'off the mountain' a dread and a chore! I too love this beautiful community we are lucky to live in. It reminds me a lot of where I grew up - a small, close knit community with one shop and one school and one Kinder, which was run by Mums and Grandmothers of my class mates (of which there were only a few of us!) I feel I have gone full circle and after living in the hustle bustle of a large city, I am now bringin my children up in a community similar to the one O grew up in (albeit in a different country and without quite so many trees!)

    I've only just found your Blog, Tania and loving it so far.

    Rhian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhian,
    I have not been able to find the time to blog as much over the last twelve months and I am hoping that I ill be able to do more this year.

    I also find it a great way to enchourage the kids with their writing as they respond really well to hearing what people have to say about their efforts.

    Thanks for coming over to visit
    Tania

    ReplyDelete